A Whopping 91% of the People Who Attended This Nonprofit Webinar Rated It As Great to Excellent!
Whether you’re hosting your fundraising event live, virtual, or a hybrid mix, one thing hasn’t changed: you need SPONSORS. CharityHowTo can help!
The formats for fundraising events may have changed, but the guiding principles for recruiting event sponsors have not. Event sponsorship is sales, not philanthropy. You have to know what to sell and how to engage businesses in a true win-win partnership.
Join Joe Waters, a nationally recognized expert on event sponsorship and building win-win partnerships with businesses, as he shares his strategies and tactics for how to identify, cultivate, solicit and close sponsors for your event. Joe will solve your toughest corporate sponsorship challenges!
Joe is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because:
- Joe Waters is a nationally recognized writer, speaker, and consultant on sponsorship and win-win partnerships with businesses.
- His popular blog, Selfish Giving, has been showing businesses and nonprofits how to raise money and change the world since 2004.
- Joe spent 20 years in the nonprofit sector fundraising with local, regional and national businesses and has raised millions of dollars through sponsorship and cause marketing.
During This Nonprofit Sponsorship Training You Will Learn:
- How to find your first or next event sponsor regardless of your event format (i.e. live, virtual, hybrid)
- How to identify and create the bottom-line benefits that sponsors’ prize
- How to organize your sponsorship materials
- How to structure event sponsorship offerings and pricing
- How to deliver an event sponsorship pitch that seals the deal
Note: What This Webinar Recording DOES NOT Cover
- This webinar recording WILL NOT cover the step-by-step process of creating a virtual/hybrid event or selling sponsorships specifically for virtual/hybrid events.
- This webinar recording WILL NOT cover hosting live or silent auctions or soliciting auction items from businesses.
- This webinar recording WILL NOT cover corporate partnerships in general or cause marketing. This webinar is specifically focused on identifying, cultivating and closing sponsorships for your next event.
Join us on this webinar recording on how to ask for nonprofit sponsorships that will help you create a fundraising plan for the win!
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- An audience surveying toolkit
- An event sponsorship viability worksheet
- 6 examples of event sponsorship packages
- Sponsorship Solicitation Process Map
- The webinar recording & slides
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
“Joe is the best teacher/trainer in Sponsorship/Cause Marketing. He has the ability to break complex material into simple concepts with the steps to follow. Because he has these abilities, it gives me the confidence to move forward with my work. Joe is the most sincere individual you will meet in the NPO sector. Upon meeting him, it's easy to feel like you just met your new best friend. The comfort that he creates while teaching allows me to focus and absorb the material.”
“This webinar has been an eye-opener and truly educational. I feel so motivated to put into practice what I have to learn to help expand our organization's reach with sponsorships. The information provided in this webinar was clear, concise, and relevant. Thank you again!”
Michelle Pascaran, The Institute for Creative Community Initiatives
“I appreciate the dynamic webinars and speakers that CharityHowTo offers the non-profit industry!”
Jordan Elliott, Project LEARN, Inc
“This webinar gave me a new way to approach sponsorships. We knew that sponsorships were important to events but never knew it took so much planning and work.”
Sandra White, Marty Lyons Foundation
“The webinar on sponsorships present by Joe Waters was so engaging, informative, and armed with the tools I need to feel successful at obtaining sponsorships during my upcoming fundraising year.”
Peter Barber, Wellspring Community
“A great primer for folks who have had sponsorship procurement dumped into their laps. Joe goes through a very manageable step-by-step, thoughtful breakdown of the basics of figuring out how to start soliciting meaningful support. “
Kenya Joseph, BikePGH
“Extremely knowledgeable and shared real-life experiences in securing sponsorships for events.”
Regina McConnell, East Madison Community Center
“The webinar was great. The information was easy to understand and the facts made sense and were presented in an orderly fashion.”
Asali Devan, Ashé Cultural Arts Center
“Great information for new fundraisers and great new tips for experienced fundraisers! Joe has great energy and real insight on the topic, he really breaks everything down so that it's easy to comprehend and follow along. Top 3 webinar experiences!”
Erik Lua, Families In Transition
“Joe clearly knows how to think creatively about sponsorships and isn't afraid to tell you what doesn't work (so you will waste less time).”
“I got some good specifics and also it reinforced my understanding of the similarities of sponsor relationships and major gift donor relationships.”
Katherine Cornell, Covenant Living
“Very helpful, even for someone selling nonprofit sponsorships for over a decade.”
Beau Blanchard, The California Film Institute
About Your Topic Expert:
Joe Waters is a nationally recognized writer, speaker, and consultant on sponsorship and win-win partnerships with businesses. His popular blog, Selfish Giving, has been showing businesses and nonprofits how to raise money and change the world since 2004. Joe spent 25 years in the nonprofit sector fundraising with local, regional and national businesses and has raised millions of dollars through sponsorship and other win-win partnerships. Whether you’re seeking sponsors for a gala, walk, golf tournament or any other kind of fundraising event, Joe has your covered! He’s an energetic and entertaining speaker and you’re sure to love his charming Boston accent!
For more on nonprofit events, check out these webinars.